Saturday, January 5, 2013

Begin

Here I write - back at the very beginning.   Rodgers and Hammerstein said it was a "very good place to start" and I suppose they're right.  Quite honestly, I prefer the middle.  I'm settled there and my feet have been able to sink in for awhile.  But new beginnings are good too,  so I will embrace this one.

Perhaps you've arrived here from the place I used to hang my writing hat - a 2 1/2 year blog of adventure and family reflections called "Pennerfive's Take on The West".  I found myself, a little, over at that blog.  I have a soft spot for it because it's where I began to write again.  But we've found ourselves back on the prairies, and my need to chronicle the life and times of our family has ended.

If you're looking for a "mom blog" full of anecdotes and silly stories and tales of my kids, you're in the wrong place.  If you're looking for a "how to" for anything at all, you're also likely lost.  If you like to read stories or stop to look at ordinary, everyday things with a lens that burrows in a little deeper you might be where you want to be.  If you're not sure, stop and stay awhile and we'll see where we end up.

"Hide and Seek" is a phrase that has played itself over and over in my mind and memory for years.  It's a label I can live with.  It's elusive and mysterious with a touch of play thrown in for good measure.  It conjures up childhood memories and hints at darkness all at the same time.  You see, sometimes I hide - in the darkness or in the light of day.  I have my ways - they've been practiced to near perfection.   There are times I'm the one chasing, pursuing and seeking.... whether it be truth, peace, solitude, answers, stories, God, relief, or something I don't even know the name for.  Seeking keeps your feet moving and Hiding lets you rest awhile.  I hope this will be a place where we can do both.

4 comments:

  1. this looks like a good seat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brave and good. Often frightening. But you'll likely never regret it, and I'm super thrilled about your new blog!!
    *ching* Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited that you are continuing with this new blog site. I look forward to reading your words because more often than not, you are writing about how I am feeling, but am unable to express. Thank you for sharing with us and letting us see who Karla is. Looking forward to reading more from you. Lots of Love.

    ReplyDelete