Friday, September 13, 2013

Things I Know At 39

You know that quote that is often recited to moms with young kids?  The one that goes like this: "The days are long, but the years are short."  It's true.

The best conversations with my kids happens at night and while driving.  Brings new perspective to spending half of my life in our van.

I don't know everything.

I will never be like everyone else.

Deciding to simplify your life and having your daughter stop taking violin lessons won't end in death or catastrophe.  For the short term, it will likely end in  more time and greater happiness.  I'll take that for now.

I would much rather be 39 than 29.  I like myself better now.

I don't like sushi.  I don't care if you judge me for it.

It's ok to lick peanut butter off the knife and then stick the knife back into the peanut butter.  No one has ever died when their mom has done this.

I am happier when I am more organized.

Transitions are hard.

Libraries are the greatest public service ever invented.

I like myself a good gin and tonic with an extra wedge of lime.

It doesn't kill your kids or make them hate you if they have jobs to do around the house.

Moving your body actually does make you feel better about life.

When you take a stand or speak your mind about something you believe passionately in, the repercussions are always worth it.

I don't like hype.

The more I read, the smarter I get.

Safety is found in unexpected places and with unexpected people.

I wish someone else would finish the laundry.

Feeling the sun on my face is like therapy.

Freckles are beautiful.

Naps are my guilty pleasure.

It's ok to cry.

It's ok not to cry.

Nothing stays the same.





No comments:

Post a Comment